Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ned Vizzini

I have just began, "teen angst? naaah..."an autobiography by Ned Vizzini and i have already fallen in love in the main character. I am so interested in this character because I can relate to him. I can relate to him as a New York City teen, and as a NYC student.

Ned talks about his experiences at Stuyvesant high school. Right of the bat I can sympathize with him when he begins to discuss the commute to school. He talks about riding the subway and managing his time while waiting for the train to pull into the station. Considering talking to the passengers after all reading is out of the question, you could start to lose your balance and bump into some uptight business lady. These are all experiences i have had before.

Ned also explains his role as a student in the impressive school that is Stuyvesant. He takes a quote from one of his teachers who said that you could live two of three options at stuy, popularity, good grades, or sleep. Ned himself chose grades and sleep. Occasionally I feel this way as well. I feel that my social life and academic life are ripping my personalty and sleep schedule in half.

I love "teen angst? naaah..." by Ned Vizzini and cant put it down. I am so devoted to this book because of the readability. It just feels as though he has lived trough the same NYC teen experiences as i have so far.      

No comments:

Post a Comment